Monday, March 4, 2013

Favorite Things

Just wanted to share a few of my favorite things, in no particular order....
My husband Dan. He is the love of my life, a wonderful father to our children, and a godly man who is constantly striving to bring glory to God every day.

My three girls, Mary Claire, Lilly Jane, and Elsie. They bring so much joy and laughter to our home.


Photography. I am blessed to be second shooter to an amazing photographer, not to mention one of my best friends, Alyson Clemons with Eternal Reflections Photography. This picture is from the most recent wedding we shot.



Coffee. I am absolutely obsessed with coffee. I'm sure my teeth don't appreciate my coffee drinking habit.



Listening to my girls pray. There is something so pure and inocent about listening to a child pray. Childlike faith is such a beautiful thing.


Watching my girls play. Mary Claire and Lilly have become so independent. I love to watch and listen in on their play time. It is amazing the things they come up with! I also love watching Elsie develop; I am enjoying each stage of her life so much!









My journaling Bible. Spending time in God's word is one of the most important parts of my day. I am in love with my journaling Bible since I am a huge advocate of writing in Bibles and it gives me plenty of room to do so!



Music. It has always been and will always be a huge part of my life! I attribute this to my Dad. I particularly enjoy listening to vinyls.



Plants. I have to admit that these are fake plants, but they photographed better. I actually do have several live plants that I love as well.



Books, books, books. It is my opinion that you can never have too many books. Once again, I attribute my opinion on books to my Dad.



Cooking with the girls. They love to help in the kitchen!





Orphans. By this I don't meant to imply that I love that children are orphans, but that I have a heart for the orphans of the world. I believe as a Christian, God has made it clear throughout scripture that we are to care for the orphans. God has placed it on our hearts that for our family the way to do that is through adoption. We plan to begin the process of adopting a little boy, most likely from Ethiopia, in the near future.



Most of all, my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Without Him I am nothing. It is impossible for me to articulate what my faith in Christ means to me. I pray every day that God will enable me to take up my cross and follow Him and to be a light in this dark world. I believe my sole purpose in this life is to bring glory to God by multiplying the gospel of Christ. I make many mistakes along the way, but praise God for his mercy and forgiveness!



No comments:

Post a Comment